HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
sexual addiction or just living life? (Read 2477 times)
denver85
YaBB Newbies

I Love Being Sober!

sexual addiction or just living life?
Sep 1st, 2009 at 6:42pm

Hello!

I'm 26. I was recently diagnosed with psycho sexual dysfunction and hyper-sexual sensitivity which I completely agree with. My constant craving of sex with other men (I'm gay) interferes with my thoughts, my work, and my current relationship of more than three years. My partner has gone to therapy with me and been there for me through my struggle. I admit I have a problem. I see other guys on the street, on tv, and in public places and wonder to myself... "How big is their thingy?" or "I wonder what they'd be like in bed..."

My partner and I have come to an agreement on occasionally inviting a third person into the bedroom to satisfy my curiosity and help him explore his sexual side as well. It seems to suit us well in helping both of us for now. We don't want an open relationship and we have GREAT communication in telling each other our feelings and thoughts.

Recently, I've wondered to myself though, am I really addicted or am I just living life? After all, we were really put on this planet to procreate... right? And sex is fun to explore and experience as long as it's safe. Is this denial or a logical argument? Are there others who feel the same? I feel like there are friends of mine who enjoy sex just as much as I do but I feel like I'm the only one trying to help myself.

I do feel alone at times and joined this forum for support and friendship through my struggles. I must also note, I have fantasies and fetishes that my partner does not enjoy but I have a hard time suppressing. How do others deal with these? I greatly appreciate all your help and input.

We're all here to help and support each other.  Smiley

-Denver85

IP Logged

thedue
YaBB Newbies

I Love Being Sober!

Re: sexual addiction or just living life?
Reply #1 - Nov 17th, 2009 at 8:35am

Yeah you probably are a sex addict, you look at men the same way I look at anyone I find sexually appealing, as possible sex objects.  You are totally lucky to have a partner who seems to be understanding though!  Do whatever you can to keep him!

IP Logged

Rodz
YaBB Newbies

I Love Being Sober!

Re: sexual addiction or just living life?
Reply #2 - Jan 28th, 2011 at 5:34pm

I agree with the previous post, you are so fortunate to have a partner that is not only willing to attend your therapy sessions, but to also open your bed to other men. I think you were just bragging!!
I have been diagnosed with hyperactive sexual disorder also, my acting out has gone on with me since I was just a child. I am trying to come to terms with what has been a lifetime of behavior.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print