HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Someone help me please :( (Read 1262 times)
court72908
YaBB Newbies

I Love Being Sober!

Someone help me please :(
Jul 6th, 2011 at 1:53am

Ok so here it goes. I have done a lot of studying on sexual addiction looking for an answer. I am engaged, me and my fiance have been together for 4 years. For 3 of those years I was faithful in the physical sense, yet I would still talk to other men about sex and had the urge to sleep with them. I was able to control myself up until one night...I cheated on my fiance and have been almost weekly since then. Not just with one person....one time I had gotten up to 5 men in one month. I am so miserable. I do not want to be this person, something comes over me. I get very figgidy, impatient, angry, moody, snappy with everyone when it hits me...its like when I have the urge to have sex, nothing else matters and I am a complete different person until I get it...I hate who I am....I want to change but I feel like I can't.

IP Logged

zack
YaBB Newbies

I Love Being Sober!

Orange County, CA
Re: Someone help me please :(
Reply #1 - Jul 13th, 2011 at 2:33pm

Hey court72908,

I think you should check out sash.net. If you think you need help. They can refer you to someone that can help. If your not ready to start a 12 step program. Check out the books sash.net recommends. Anything by  Pia Mellody could help too.

Take one day at a time. Surround yourself with friends and family.

I hope that helps  Smiley

niceguyzack  
IP Logged

jexxyW3
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2.5.2!

Re: Someone help me please :(
Reply #2 - Jan 1st, 2013 at 2:32pm

Perhaps there is an uderlying issue, where you are using sex as a means of escape from feelings or to deal with anxiety. Remembe we get a huge chemical high from the act of sex of masturbation and that helps keep you hooked in. Maybe get some help form a counsellor and work on altrenative choices to deal with feelings and urrges, but also to explore you history and have a look at your life picture, see what is happening. Please dont be hard on yourself as many of us struggle with these issues....it dosnt mean we are bad people...its the act that is bad. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print